Monday 26 September 2016

Day 5. If anyone finds my luck could they return it to me?

I woke up stupid early this morning. And as I was trying to drift back to sleep my phone beeped and when I checked it is realised it was six in the morning. That's basically it for me. If I know it's after like five in the morning I just can't go back to sleep. So after a few minutes of laying there is decided to roll out of bed earlier and go a bit farther a field. I went downstairs, made a flask, grabbed my coat and set off. I got to this beach and sat sipping my tea looking out and it became clear pretty quick the sky was going to stay cloudy as could be.

Needless to say there wasn't sight nor sound of the sun so I decided to cut my losses and drive back to my usual spot. Still no sunrise.  It peeped out once or twice but then it disappeared. 

I love this though. And in my life I spend a lot of time surrounded by craziness and noise. Standing on a beach, alone with nothing but the waves and the birds to keep me company is kind of wonderful!

I wore a simple to short dress today and completely forgot to snap it but during the week for me it's comfy over classy because I am not going to rock up to the kids schools in something uncomfortable. 

I also found something else today which kind of expands on the whole "lipstick brings out different aspects of my personality thing". Unfortunately after two years in my job I have decided to move on. Yesterday I had to hand in my notice and as I sat at my mirror in the morning I found myself looking at my lipsticks and thinking which colour portrays "I'm sorry I'm leaving you" more? I settled on a bright pink because it felt less threatening to me. Am I insane for casting these attributes to these colours? I don't know but I thought it was interesting!

So far I am loving this challenge. I have found myself more likely to say yes to things and in general just a bit more thoughtful about how I spend my time. I would definitely like to incorporate some crafting to my daily life again so I might add something about that into my next 30 days!

Enjoy the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment